Are wireless smart homes in Naperville a wise choice?
In the not-so-distant past, home security systems were restricted to wired components joined through a drawn-out installation. Those days are gone. Wireless innovation has transformed the industry and opened up a wealth of opportunities for homeowners.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Naperville is the best choice for you and your family? Explore what you need to know about wireless installations.
What you should know before switching to wireless
The backbone of any wireless setup is a stable internet connection. Reliable, fast internet and a high-quality wireless router are the principal ingredients you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in the last few years, consider switching it out now to take advantage of the most recent performance improvements.
If you dwell in an area without reliable high-speed internet or cellular coverage, you may be well-advised to go with a wired setup. And, it might make more sense from a financial standpoint to stick with an existing configuration if you relocate to a residence already wired for security.
Internet and utility outages can take place no matter where you live. Taking this into account, look for security solutions with cellular and battery backups to stay connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Naperville?
The main aim of any home security system is to defend your family from threats like break-ins and fire. You can achieve this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you want to take advantage of the most recent improvements, a wireless smart home is your top option. By installing a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to lock your entryways or view live video from your mobile device? A wireless smart home gives you a level of access you’ve never had. You can check or adjust any incorporated components remotely, such as your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant updates: Not only can you access your system, but it can also access you. If a device is triggered, an alert will be dispatched instantly to your mobile device app. You’ll always be notified when the system goes off, no matter where you are.
● Adaptable and scalable: Unlike wired implements, you can install wireless options just about anyplace. Want to have a surveillance camera on your desk or in your kid’s bedroom? No problem! It’s also easy to incorporate or remove components from your wireless smart home.
Possible shortcomings of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in Naperville have proven safe and effective, there are a few potential drawbacks. You should consider the following:
● You may need to change batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered tools, there’s always the potential for failure when the battery dies. Even so, smart components will let you know when power is depleting and often last for several years without requiring a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There may be limitations on how far you may install wireless devices away from the centralized command hub. This won’t be a concern in most homes, but you should inquire about the restrictions prior to moving forward.
● Risk of online hacking. Similar to other computer networks, the threat of hacking exists. But you can greatly lower this risk by using strong passwords, always changing default settings, and using routers with integrated security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Naperville today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can do by designing your own with a Vivint specialist today. You’ll enjoy being able to monitor and control your Naperville security system from any location. Contact (630) 864-6179 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.