Daily deliveries have become routine for many homeowners due to the rise of online shopping. You enjoy the benefit of having packages left right at your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes sitting in the open are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a significant issue, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are great tools to dissuade package theft, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an integral facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Naperville video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer an array of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to improve. You can now customize detection zones, speak to people on your porch, and receive immediate alerts whenever an item arrives.
The easiest way to understand how a Naperville video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous perks it gives you. Consider these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading theft with visual and audible warnings. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that includes the faces of people at your entry and items on the ground. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- Vivid images at any hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the purpose of getting a doorbell camera? Leading models will give you incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package arrives? You can receive immediate notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and packages.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your main entry? Two-way audio gives you the chance to ask why they’re there. You could even use this beneficial feature to scare off people hanging around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will allow you to minimize false alarms triggered by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the option to view current and saved video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you can interact with them directly from your mobile device, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even allow you to speak with the person at your door. They’ve turned into game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.