Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Naperville smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in total command of your Naperville home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Naperville benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even talk to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also gives you total remote operability with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the duties you can carry out:
- View live or recorded video from your connected surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Naperville by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock when the fire alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm your home’s security by using the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Naperville
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and enter the details to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, tap users, select the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Naperville home security system. Call (630) 864-6179 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.